Before the day, you'll need to ask your teacher to register your school and yourself through the AMT competiton portal (https://competitions.amt.edu.au/admin/).
Before the contest day
- Make sure to read through the competition rules (especially the Competition Environment and Competition Format pages).
- You should try the practice contest. Instructions can be found on the Practice Contest page.
Starting the contest
- On the contest day, log into the contest system (at http://aio.edu.au/contest) with your login details. Do not press the "Start!" button until all students are logged in and ready to begin.
- Once started, you can download the contest paper and begin working (or open the printed paper, if you have been provided one).
During the contest (3 hours)
- You will be able to download the contest paper from the Overview & Contest Paper page.
- You will be able to download solution templates and sample data files for each problem, from the respective Templates & Downloads pages.
- You can submit your solutions on the respective Submit a solution pages for each problem.
- After submitting a solution, the contest system will automatically judge it against a set of secret test cases and will award a score. This process may take some time; be patient and continue working.
- You will be able to view the score of each of your submissions on the Submit a solution page. You can click the View details button to display the Submission details pop-up, breaking down the submission's score. The pop-up also displays any compiler output (where applicable), including warnings and compilation errors.
Clarifications and announcements
If you need to ask a question (e.g. there is something in the problem you don't understand, you're not sure why you're getting wrong answers and the FAQ doesn't help), you can do so through the Ask a question page.
In case the judges need to announce anything, the announcements will appear on this page.
After the Contest
- Do not discuss the problems in public forums/discussions until Saturday.
- When the results are finalized by the judges, they will be posted on this website.